Organize Your Kitchen
A badly organized kitchen makes cooking a chore. You can never find exactly what you’re looking for and a significant amount of time is spent rummaging through drawers and cupboards for ingredients and kitchen accessories. Imagine how much easier things would be if you knew the exact location of everything in your kitchen and food and accessories were all within easy reach. This can be achieved, even where space is limited.
- Go through your cupboards and drawers and get rid of unwanted crockery, cutlery, and kitchen accessories
- Take out all your food and ingredients and toss anything that has passed its sell-by date or which you are not likely to use
- Remove food from packages and store in bottles, jars, and containers instead; ensure everything is labeled carefully
- Remove clutter from work surfaces and keep them free for food preparation
- Utilize all available storage space, including walls and doors
Lots of food can be frozen to cut down on trips to the grocery store. This includes milk, butter, bread, and meat. Having everything readily available makes it much easier to plan meals ahead of time.
Meals can also be frozen to create a quick option on the busiest days. Get into the habit of making a little extra each time you cook, and freezing it for later use.
3. Invest In Time Saving Equipment
When investing in kitchen appliances, assess them in terms of how much time they save. For example, a good convection microwave will allow you to make healthy meals in a fraction of the time of a conventional oven. This Breville microwave review compares several different models.
Another great time-saving device is the slow cooker. You can prepare a huge variety of meals with the minimum of fuss. As it cooks over a long period, you can leave it cooking while you get on with your day.
Stock Your Freezer
Gather Your Ingredients Before You Begin
To save preparation time, gather all your ingredients before you make a start. Chop everything and ensure it is weighed or measured in the correct amount. This will simplify the cooking process and save you time. It’s much quicker than going back and forth to find and measure ingredients once you have started. And, with this method, you’re less likely to miss an ingredient or make an error.
Cooking and baking is a necessary function. However, it doesn’t have to be dull, and it doesn’t have to take up too much of your precious time. With a few efficient tips and tweaks, you can create tasty dishes in a fraction of the time.