We have many great people in our church. Here is one great guy who is a doctor and a volunteer pastor, who is trying to keep us healthy this winter.. Thanks Jo Thomas.
Health Tips for the winter months
Some challenges with winter is less daylight hours, comfort eating, routines thrown out with colds/flus. So what do you do? You plan to be diligent with the basics…..
• get your minimum 30 minutes of activity daily (activity=work up a sweat)
• mental health benefits come from moderate intensity exercise
• tip: use a brisk walk to pray or listen to your audio bible
• winter is a great time to get sunshine in your lunch hour. Getting out to walk around the block/park also unclutters your head.
• it’s like a bank account. If you are overdrawn, you’re running your immune system down. Have an extra hour catch up (early night or sleep in) so you are not exhausted
• sleep deprivation is not good for your mental health
• coloured fruit and vegetables
• lean meat and fish
• small portion sizes
• vitamins – if your diet is unbalanced
Wash your hands
• this simple task before meals and if you’ve had a lot of people contact will reduce infection spread to you and others
• can’t beat simple soap and water